Saturday, April 21, 2012

charged items and hirelings

I'm returning to D2 after a break, upgraded to the latest patch (1.13c), and fired up my sorceress. I had a thought regarding gear, but I couldn't find anything about this when searching through various forums:

Can a hireling use the charges from an item, and if so, does the item need to be recharged (or is it like durability and never decreases for hirelings)?

By "charged items" I mean items with spell charges, not items that proc on attack or being hit.|||Lol Nightfish!

Mercs can't use charges, as far as I'm aware. I'm 99.99% sure.|||Mercs can't use charges. Imagine a moron with teleport...|||Lol Nightfish!

Moron's are stupid enough as it is, without them teleporting all over the WSK and getting dizzy...|||I believe this also goes for oskills (such as in Enigma). However, mercs can use items that add an aura, making Insight one of the most useful early sticks for an Act 2 merc|||Yes, teleport would be a bit horrible. I was thinking more of Cloak of Shadows (RW Nadir) or a spear with chain lightning charges for an Act 2 mercenary. Yes, I have crap gear.

Anyway, thanks for the quick response!|||Anytime, glad to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment