Thursday, April 19, 2012

Windows 7 Trenshadow help

my brother and I can run LoD perfectly fine on Windows 7 without the need for extra options like Compatibility Mode or -w, Disable desktop composition, and so on but TrenShadow will not launch. It just creates a bunch of .baq files in the D2 folder, which all disappear after a few seconds.

I've tried everything including

installing D2 in c:/programs (x86), c:/programs, and c:/Diablo II

reinstalling windows 7 (what is this game doing to me..) with just the video and sound card drivers to no avail.

disabling User Account Control

Setting Compatibility Mode to Windows XP SP2 in Diablo II.exe and game.exe for both main installation and trenshadow folder has no effect either.

tl;dr

Windows 7

D2 1.13c runs fine, modified trenshadow only creates a bunch of .baq and doesn't launch.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be appreciated.|||I do not use Trenshadow, but I do know that you have to have older CDs to run prior patches. Hope these help.

If you downloaded the game from Blizzard using your CD keys you cannot run older versions without a CD.

If you have the CDs check the recommended OS if it says win7 or vista you might not be able to run older versions. The game should install as 1.12a not 1.07 with your CDs.

If it says XP you should be fine. Just remember that older patches needed the CD to be in the drive. The game should install as 1.07 with your CDs.

If you are up for it you might also want to try reinstall again. Only this time try and install the older patch you want to play first and see if the game plays. This way you know if it is Trenshadow or the patch that refuses to play. Good luck.|||ladvarian, you helped me solve my problem. Since my netbook doesn't have an optical drive, i have to use isos. I have two pairs, one that I archived on an external hd and the other that I downloaded recently because I lost the plug to that same hd. Windows 7 is also really fussy so d2 needed to be manually updated to 1.13c before it could run. After reading your post, and having tried everything else, I dug up the old isos and wow, wtf, trenshadow runs now! never thought for a second the new isos were actually new especially since pre-1.13c wouldn't even boot. Thanks a bunch! Dumb mistake...it's what i get for buying a netbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment