Thursday, April 19, 2012

re-rolling jewels (1.09)

I've gotten a few ilvl 90 jewels from Hell Cows and was considering re-rolling the jewels to work on getting the infamous 40/15's that filled every socket back in those days. 40% ed and 15% ias or 40% ed and 15 max dmg are the mods I'm hoping for to fill my CCBoQ and CCB.

Would it be possible to roll either of these from ilvl 90 jewels? I'm assuming the recipe works the same way for jewels as it does for re-rolling ilvl 90 charms and this way all mods are possible when rerolling them but don't quite know the schematics. I thank you game mechanic mathematic wizards in advance for any help.|||I've never really tried rolling jewels, but I don't see any reason you couldn't roll a 40/15 on a level 90 jewel... especially given your luck at rolling affixes. I don't think you really need any IAS on that CCBoQ though, but the other sword could probably benefit from some RJoFs tho.

Actually, isn't the jewel affix pool pretty small compared to charms? You might roll some nice ones faster than you might expect.|||I don't know and I've never tried either. But I've got quite a few flawless gems that need to be upped. So I could definitely get a few good rolls in to try. I'll do some more cow runs to get a few more jewels and flawless gems to up and I'll give it a shot. I'll post back with some results when I have some.|||I believe you need ilvl >= 66 to get a Ruby jewel of Fervor, so it would definitely work with your ilvl 90 jewels. Using ilvl 66 jewels doesn't appear to increase the chance of success. Ruby is the highest level affix, so lower ilvls don't eliminate any "bad" affixes.

There's a nice affix calculator online, but I'm not sure if it's OK to post offsite links. According to that calculator (using 1.09 data), your jewels would have a 2 in 6901 chance of being Ruby jewels of Fervor, so good luck. Of course, you also have a shot at making other decent jewels that you might keep, so it's not really 2 successes vs. 6899 failures.

Well, the link is in the rules post, so I guess that makes it OK. Try http://diablo3.ingame.de/spiel/expan...=lod&patch=109 if you want to investigate further.|||The best I ever got was a 39/15 Ruby of Fervor. In a way, it was like a penny tip. So close yet so... far... away.|||Quote:








The best I ever got was a 39/15 Ruby of Fervor. In a way, it was like a penny tip. So close yet so... far... away.




Nearly always, the tiny difference will not have any affect on the number of hits you need to score to kill a particular monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment