Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Diablo Poetry

So, this is something I've been wanting to do for a while, but never got round to it. I intend to create a blog for it eventually.

This is just the first draft and will obviously be worked on, but I wanted to get the basic model of my first one done. I was wondering what you guys think, and if you believe it works



"This tower shall be cleansed of evil

Through mist and time, stands the rugged ruin

A tower of despair, and thorough tuition

For baths of blood, or sin of terror

Dark Elizabeth, your reflection spawns

She holds the key

I progress

The victim of lust, and that of pleasure

Upon these stones they surely stood

Thoughts of death, a path to peace

Vermin of late, still feed on flesh

She knows the truth

I progress

Virgin breath and virgin sweat

Entangled amongst the dying scent

Twisted tunnels, encaved in lore

Stories spoken here, rarely heard

She is not here!

I progress

The tunnels are endless!

The smell is putrid, my nostrils flare

I must push, I must push!

So far I see no end to this lair!

She hides beyond

I progress

Eyes, teeth, dust of their bones!

No my lord, do not, I pray do not

I twist and I parry, the mind!

She fools your mind m'lord!

She falters

I progress

No more, is my mind her play

This grail you shall not claim!

The jewel beneath my feet, it shines

Grant me strength, lest I falter once more

She cannot be far

I progress

This pit is no place for a theif

Gold galore m'lord, no Waheed, move on

I dash, I swipe, I block and I slice!

The smoke clouds my vision

The gold strikes my shield

Loot as sharp as my own blade falls

I dodge and I grab and I crash!

Breath returns, refreshing my thoughts

I sit, I weep and I pray

I've earned the right to this abandoned trove"|||http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=705694

May I draw your attention to the Corpsefire haiku? I was absurdly proud of that at the time.

In response to your own, possibly it's worth rethinking the "I progress" at the end of each stanza? I can see the idea is to suggest a journey, but it's a bit of a cliche perhaps?

Cheers,

EM|||This does not ShaelEth. I call BS. |||Poetry does not rhyme unless written in a primary school :P

And ye, I'm looking at changing the progress bit. It's based around each level of the tower. I want to work out a way of putting that theme into it first though |||Quote:








Poetry does not rhyme unless written in a primary school :P




*cough*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonnet

*cough*

Shakespeare and his chums would disagree. I demand sonnets!|||I've got a question, Emperor.

How many syllables does 'shuffling' have?

Shuf - ful - ing

Shuf ' fling

Corpsefire can also change?

Corpse-fyre?

Corpse-fi-err

Sorry. |||Re-wording; 'Poetry does not *have* to rhyme' :P|||Rhymes in poetry are like boobs on women. Not mandatory, but you better have them if you want me to look.

...

I can't believe I just said that.|||There is only one legitimate form of poetry: The limerick. Since I can't think of a location in the game rhyming with "Timbuktu" this is the best I can offer:

There once was a guard in the Palace

Who rested and drank from his chalice

When he put down his Grief

Along came a thief

And replaced his fine sword with a Malice

Thank you, thank you.|||Hilarious! Love it PCM!

No comments:

Post a Comment