Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cubing a noob.

I've been upping items here lately. Pretty sweet.

I have only done two of them so far. Heavenly Garb Mage plate and a Big Pokie

Lance for the Merc

Spoiler


Dread Branch

Lance

Two Hand Damage: 79 - 340

Durability: 16 of 25

Required Level: 44

Required Strength: 100

Required Dexterity: 78

Fingerprint: 0x47918822

Item Level: 64

Version: Expansion 1.10+

+40% Increased Attack Speed

99% Enhanced Damage

+110 to Attack Rating

Adds 7 - 13 Fire Damage

Adds 6 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)

Required Level +5 Ethereal



Thinking a/b upping his Rattlecage for the CB...



Anywho: Are there any other tips for a noob SPer? I've crafted some Caster gloves for the windy (which those items are for) that are pretty nice.

Not specifically for the windy, just in general!

Also, wanted to thank everybody who has put together guides for everything d2 related, and all those who have compiled the wiki!

Thank y'all for all the tips!|||Anything in particular you're seeking help with? Also, what character(s) do you play?|||Eh, mainly just merc equip. Desert Mercs.

All I'm playing now are casters:

Level 62 Trapsin

76 Fishyzon

57 Light sorc (w/o Infint) Started using act 5 merc to no avail...

52 Wind Druid

Really just looking for any tips on using the cube that vet's take for granted on using commonly. That, and what I can do to keep the morons alive to keep me alive.

ie: Is it normal to regularly up items for greater def/dmg. And would the extra STR be worth cubing them up for my casters.|||Generally, I'd only cube up weapons with awesome ED%, and rare "normal" quality belts with great mods so I can have 4 rows of potions. The rest really don't need to be upgraded for any reason.

As far as Mercs go, giving them gear with resists and life leech help. Even the ones with good gear can die to things, I always have Full Rejuve pots on hand just in case they get into trouble. A weapon with life leech helps a lot in their survival.

As for what mercs to get, sometimes I use a Defiance Merc when starting off. I generally go Holy Freeze for my casters. If you have a Doom polearm, then Might.

For crafting stuff, I think some safety recipes have resists on it, but I've never been into crafting things that much, mostly just MF runs. It is unfortunate, but it seems in order to not suffer through Hell difficulty, you'll need to spend some time finding things to make your life easier.

Oh yeah, I pick up and identify all rare weapons, gloves, boots, belts, and circlets, mostly to see if you have good resists/ leech/ ED%/ other useful mods.

I hope this helps a bit, if not, ask some more questions, I'll see what I can do.|||Virgi learned me about the savage polearm recipe that's really helpful for early game if you are playing untwinked:

1 diamond of any quality

1 kris of any quality

1 light belt of any quality

1 staff of any quality|||Quote:








Virgi learned me about the savage polearm recipe that's really helpful for early game if you are playing untwinked:

1 diamond of any quality

1 kris of any quality

1 light belt of any quality

1 staff of any quality




Be careful of one thing though (although the recipe is easy as hell to get the bits for); the resulting polearm is a completely random magic normal or exceptional polearm. Using a voulge will not gaurantee you a voulge or exceptional version. It spawns with 66-xx (or something like that) ed with the ability of another mod, look out of IAS/ll.|||You probably know this, but for an Act 2 merc at this level a good Insight is pwnzorz. I like to make mine in a Partizan, but that's just because the damage is good and it looks cool.

At higher levels, an Obedience in something like an etheral Cryptic Axe is quite the pokey stick, and the runes are all reasonable. For bonus points, couple with 'Stone' Archon and 'Delirium' Corona. But that is a little farther down the road.|||Quote:








You probably know this, but for an Act 2 merc at this level a good Insight is pwnzorz. I like to make mine in a Partizan, but that's just because the damage is good and it looks cool.

At higher levels, an Obedience in something like an etheral Cryptic Axe is quite the pokey stick, and the runes are all reasonable. For bonus points, couple with 'Stone' Archon and 'Delirium' Corona. But that is a little farther down the road.




(If only I could find 5os poles and the runes for stone/delirium!)

Um, I'm missing that for a few things I'm wanting to make.

Thanks guys. The dia/kriss/staff/belt is a pretty sweet recipe. Sometimes works wonders!|||Quote:








Eh, mainly just merc equip. Desert Mercs.

All I'm playing now are casters:

Level 62 Trapsin

76 Fishyzon

57 Light sorc (w/o Infint) Started using act 5 merc to no avail...

52 Wind Druid

Really just looking for any tips on using the cube that vet's take for granted on using commonly. That, and what I can do to keep the morons alive to keep me alive.

ie: Is it normal to regularly up items for greater def/dmg. And would the extra STR be worth cubing them up for my casters.




Level up? Where are these characters playing? Mercs are much better when they have a couple of levels on what they are fighting. I don't know of anything that the cube can do to help them other than to up a Kelpie Snare.

That lance you have isn't that bad, but is probably quite slow. A big part of keeping the merc healthy is keeping him poking and leaching.

I still think the best thing you can do is just continue to progress through the game. Getting a character that can run Hell Meph will easily get you the gear you need to equip any merc.|||I'm just progressing p8 through the game until hell. The zon is just starting act 3 hell. I do need to level her up quite a bit.

Trap/Light/Wind all starting act 3 NM I believe. Different parts of it. Wait, the Trap just got to act 4 or 5.

I've heard a lot about the Kelpie Snare. Yet to find one though.

Running hell meph is what I'm after. Heck, NM meph would be great.

Thing is, I've lost all of my dedicated MFers. Due to operator errors.



I was just originally posting to see if there where any cube recipes that y'all use more often than not. Like, if you roll untwinked what you would normally do and what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment