Thursday, April 19, 2012

Any use for 100+ jewels?

Since restarting D2 I have saved all jewels found under the assumption that they may become useful at some stage?

Win or Fail?|||WIN!

You can re-roll them.

Search cube recipes, then find jewels.

(post what you find if you want, I have a many of jewels myself, thinking that I can re-roll them...)|||As far as i know re-rolling jewels isnt that good a use for them, as theres only so many useful affixes and a lot of junk ones.

Crafting however is a good outlet for junk jewels you would have no other use for, though it does require some other materials. Quite a lot of high end gear is best found by crafting.|||I pick up and save every jewel. One day I will have a mega crafting session.|||Yeah, crafting is what I've been using them for. Ignore the first post!

Actually just crafted some nice Castor equip: Glove, Belt, and Boots!|||Re-rolling jewels is something you should only do if you are very rich and already have all the charms you'll ever need. Otherwise, re-roll charms with your Pgems.

As a rule of thumb, re-rolling a grand charm will cost 60 Pgems for any

keeper. 150 Pgems for a good one. 300 Pgems for something great.

With jewels it's harder to say, but you always need prefix AND suffix. That

makes the odds very long. I'd say even just a decent jewel costs 300Pgems on average.|||Thanks guys! Glad I kept them after all!

I've read many posts about crafting and there seems to be many receipies and item types to use.

Are there any guidelines or tips on;

1. What item types to craft

2. What char level to craft with

3. What type of craft (other ingredients)

at the moment I am playing with a Sorc primarily used for MF. Looking to maybe make a smite paladin in the furture, (is it still possible to do Uber Tristram solo with a smiter? ) - I remember doing that on the realms many years ago lol. - one can hope...

Cheers all|||Just throwing this out there, not trying to burst your bubble, but no uber trist in single player.|||Oh that's a shame... No FAM that includes it?|||I craft:

Caster Amulets

Ral+PAmethyst+Junk Jewel+Amulet.

Character has to be 94+ from memory, but some one will correct me.

Hit Power Gloves

Ort+PSapphire+Junk Jewel+Chain Gloves.

I shop Gloves with clvl 45 from Charsi / Gheed in NM and craft them with clvl 94.

Blood Belts

Tal+PRuby+Junk Jewel+Mithril Coil/Mesh Belt.

I craft with any high level char, normally as I go along doing Trav runs.

I have done Blood Boots and Safety Amulets in the past, but I don't think it is worth the hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment