Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cannot pick up Quest Item

I have a character half-way through Act 3 Hell. I teamed up for a TCP/IP game with a character who has finished Hell. I hosted the game and after a while realized that I don't have Khalim's Eye (the Quest log tells me to find it in the Spider Cavern). Before we went there, I found Lam Esen's Tome and finished that Quest. In the Spider Cavern I opened the main chest and two Khalim's Eyes popped out of the chest. Neither of us could pick up either of them. I thought that if I was hosting the game I would be able to pick up the Eye. Ideas?

Edit: Please move to the MP sub-forum.|||Could be you have the eye in the stash, or it could be you can't pick it up at all if the host character has finished the quest already.|||@Nightfish: The Eye is in my Stash! The Quest Log still says I must find it in the Spider Cavern. I was hosting the game -- the other player has finished Hell. I actually need to find his Heart in the Sewers.|||You could try dropping the one you have then picking it back up.

Whenever you drop the cube in act 2 (While questing) the quest pops back up from what I've noticed.|||Quote:








You could try dropping the one you have then picking it back up.

Whenever you drop the cube in act 2 (While questing) the quest pops back up from what I've noticed.




I dropped the Eye and picked it up and the Quest Log triggered again saying I should get the Eye. Same with the Brain. They are both red in my inventory. The two Eyes which appeared in the Spider Cavern were Golden. I'm about to search for the Heart (in a MP game with the same player) which will hopefully "reset" the quest.|||After getting the Heart and the Flail (golden) and trying to transmute them with the red Eye and Brain, I realized that the red Eye and Brain are somehow "broken" items as they won't transmute. I dropped them and returned to the Spider Cavern (new game of course) and I can now pick up the (golden) Eye which drops. I haven't played this character for years, so possibly something got out of sync being half-way through a quest and upgrading to a newer version or something. No idea how/why the Eye and Brain appeared with red text though.|||Glad you got it figured out.

It'll turn red if they're from different acts.

Or, like in your case, unusable.

No comments:

Post a Comment