Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Invisible Monsters

Saw something I can't recall ever seeing before while running Cows today - a monster (unique) becoming invisible. Thankfully the moron could still see it, and I could infer it's position from that, otherwise it could have been nasty.

I've seen my moron go invisible before, but it's the first time I've noticed a monster doing so.|||Hmm, I also have never seen an invisible monster.

Moron had a bad case of the sneezes and went invisible for a few days. I thought I had lost him, but saw him on the minimap and heard his grunts of approval. Plus the minions dying all around.

It'd be wicked if the prime evils learned this unique ability.|||They already know it. In fact, all of Uber Trist is invisible in Single Player.|||It happens all the time in 1.07 self MP. Cows are invisible and it looks like they teleport strike themselves near you. This was issue of many deaths when running cows in 1.07.

I don't think I've seen this in single player, only in LAN/tcp-ip games.|||Quote:




Hmm, I also have never seen an invisible monster.




This

[some characters, probably 10 or more]|||Quote:








This

[some characters, probably 10 or more]




All my colleagues just turned around as their new co-worker started giggeling |||Quote:








Hmm, I also have never seen an invisible monster.




xD

It happens fairly often that most of the sprites on the screen disappears when I'm spamming LFs (the torch proc also causes this on b.net), but I've never seen individual monsters poof...|||Invisible monsters occur a lot in 1.10a, but that beta is notoriously buggy. They still have shadows though in 1.10a so it is pretty easy to find them.

Invisible monsters have also occurred for me when hit by the cold breath of a group of frozen horrors with chilling armor active. In this case it is just too many sprites at one time.|||This reminds me of a weird experience I had in the 12 labors tournament. I did about 30-40 Hell countess runs in search of an UM rune. There was a particular spot on level 4, just past a doorway that would often spawn an invisible boss pack. It would appear as if the room was empty before I stepped into it, but then upon taking a few steps in, there would all of a sudden be a boss pack on top of me. I tried to catch the proof on a SS, but it would never do it when I remembered to make a SS first. I think it did it about 4-5 times out of all my runs, And one of them came very close to killing me. anyone ever seen anything like this?|||Quote:








It happens all the time in 1.07 self MP. Cows are invisible and it looks like they teleport strike themselves near you. This was issue of many deaths when running cows in 1.07.

I don't think I've seen this in single player, only in LAN/tcp-ip games.




it is a rather frequent thing in 1.07 MP.

I had a streak of Duriel doing the tele-stomp thing when doing packs of HF rushes... was very annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment