Saturday, April 21, 2012

OT: What are you reading right now?

When I'm not online, or working or playing a spot of D2, I usually have a book in my hand. Fiction or non-fiction, history, science or philosophy, it's all good. I imagine many of you are the same.

To that end, I thought this might be a good idea for a thread. Just a quick post here and there about what you're currently reading, and comments/suggestions/recommendations about what other people are reading or might like to read.

At the minute' I've got Book I of Proust's A recherche de temps perdu on my table at the minute as I determined to read it after I heard of it in "Little Miss Sunshine".

It's hard, hard work but I'm going to finish it...|||V for Vendetta!

(and loving it)|||American Psycho, by Bret Easton Ellis.

Have read it a couple of times, but I still think it's great.

The atrocities(?) in the book, doesn't appeal that much too me, It's more just the general mood in the book.|||Right now, I'm rereading the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I read it a few years back, and thought they deserved another go around.|||I am currently reading RA Salvatore's newest Drizzt series (Orc King, Pirate King, Ghost King). I have read the entire Drizzt series and I think this is the end. Very good if you are into this genre.|||Currently i'm reading the last book of a trilogy. The writer is Trudi Canavan and the series is called The black magican trilogy. Shouldn't that be magician instead of magican? That may be a typo in the book. Anyways, the first part was okish, the second was pretty good and the final part is even better (at least up to the part where i currently am).

Best book i've ever read is from Bernhard Hennen. I don't know what the titel is in English, but if they literally translated it from English to Dutch (and from German to English because that's the original language) then the title is 'The elves'.

I've read a couple other books of him and he's got some more good books. Don't know about Canavan since these are the first books i've read from that author.

A great series, that is a must read if you like fantasy, is The wheel of time by Robert Jordan. It's a lot of books but absolutely worth your time. Except maybe the prequel. That's just not as good as the rest of the series.|||The young lions by Irwin Shaw. I cant say much about it, as I've just started reading it.

It's about WW2.|||@Entwilighter: V for Vendetta was awesome, so much better than the film. From Hell is really good as well, and it's one of those books that stays with you long after you've finished it.|||Im reading A Storm of Swords, its the third book in the sword of ice and fire series, great books.|||A biography of Nesta Robert Marley.

No comments:

Post a Comment