Saturday, April 14, 2012

A question for LK runs

[:1]I started to run LK after I had found 2 campfires in it but I have a noobish question for LK runs.

Shall I check only superchests near the campfires or check all of LK including poppables like hollow logs and baskets ? Actually it is obvious that baskets do not give any stuff but I'm not sure that I should check corpses and skeletons.|||Yep, only the six superchests. Maybe the weapon / armor racks depending on the items they spawn.

The only reason to pop anything else I can think of would be if you run without teleport and the poppable is right on your way. And then my advice would be: Do something else until you get teleport.|||Actually I got my enigma long time ago ^^ but I need ohm to finish my CtA, and other runes for some runewords like grief, CoH

I did about 80 runs but my finds are discouraging.

2 El

3 Nef

1 Ith

1 Eth

1 Ral

3 Ort

1 Thul

1 Amn

1 Sol

5 Shael

2 Hel

1 Fal|||80 runs are nothing, we're talking about 1k or so to reap some benefit. But just in case: did you remember to type /players7 before start to run?|||Most people run LK with a Sorc anyway, so Enigma is not really required. The beauty of LK is exactly that you can run it with poor man's gear as long as you have any kind of Sorc. Travincal is just as efficient, but the gear you need is way more expensive.

I wouldn't be discouraged after only 80 runs. One run is so fast that you can easily clock several hundreds in a few hours. The key is a good map, at least 105fcr and "Harmony" on switch if you run through town. Aim for under 30 seconds a run and you would have to be really unlucky not to see some HR's drop pretty soon.|||10k ~ 25k-project is an usual idea of running the LK. Just to let you know. There are other areas you can run to clear your mind if you feeling abit "sick" of running just LK. |||Quote:








10k ~ 25k-project is an usual idea of running the LK




Not sure where this comes from and its certainly not true in 1.13 (post #108).

Also disagree with earlier comment that LK is comparable to Trav (see table). Results from MiniMFO in latter were pretty dismal, even though higher runes can drop.|||Yes, 10k - 25k sounds a bit weird to me too. Thats like 80 - 250 hours. Not saying nobody has done it, but I usually run maybe 1-2h per rune Um+. I never kept a journal though so I may be off and it's more or less.

As to LK vs. Trav. I think it depends on how you value Jah and Cham. If you value both like Ber or something similar you're right. If you just go with the cube and say Cham = 2 Jah = 4 Ber or at least something along this line I'd say it's a wash. But in the end it's hard to compare and I mainly run both just for the sake of variety.|||@baltha yep I've typed /p7 and I know I have to do lots of runs . This 80 runs were done in a limited time and I'm planning to do 2-3 hours of running today. My average time is about 35-40 secs so that's like 200 more runs.|||Try to cut some seconds. Fast runs are everything in LK: you should aim for less than 30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment