Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What benefits can i have in doing full clears?

Do you do the same?

It's like an instinct of me that i would never leave a map unless i finish killing all monsters...|||Benefit is that you get the highest amount of exp and items per map. However, this is not the same as highest amount of exp and items per hour played. Which is what most players here go for if they don't play tournaments with some specific rules.

Edit: I think it's a bit unfortunate that the most efficient way to play the game is to teleport past 99% of the content and run 1% ad infinitum. That's not really playing the game itself, but more a metagame of item hunting. Which is cool of course. But if you enjoy the gameplay itself, don't sweat over efficiency and do full clears. I do both. In SC, mostly twinked metagame item hunting, in HC only untwinked full clear enjoying the gameplay.|||Only time I would do a full clear of anything is the level 85 areas. Other than that, I just run by/ teleport past whatever is in the way.|||It's up to you. If you have fun doing it, keep doing it.

Some people like to play single-pass full-clears, which is when it's the way you do it. Otherwise, I never do a full clear, unless by accident. It doesn't make sense to do full clears of A85 either, by the way. For efficiency's sake anyway.

--Greebo|||I've always liked doing full clears more than just tele around, I used to do lots of Pit then WSK2+ then pindle and Meph, takes like 20 mins and is much more fun in my opinion. Idk how many times I got spiffy items from just random guys while clearing to the boss who is sposed to drop my super gear.|||I think full clears in D2 would be a lot more appealing if there was a way for monsters not to respawn. But then they would have to address monsters that are impossible/could take hours to kill each.|||Quote:








I've always liked doing full clears more than just tele around, I used to do lots of Pit then WSK2+ then pindle and Meph, takes like 20 mins and is much more fun in my opinion. Idk how many times I got spiffy items from just random guys while clearing to the boss who is sposed to drop my super gear.






Yeah, I don't do full clears, thought about it though.

The majority of the items I've kept have came from random monsters, chests, baskets, tombs and what have you. I don't have very many boss items worth using. (then again, I have yet to do 10000 pindles or anything of the like!)|||Quote:








I think full clears in D2 would be a lot more appealing if there was a way for monsters not to respawn.




This.

I would have loved some kind of switch at character creation, so you could have chosen whether or not you want respawning monsters.




Quote:








But then they would have to address monsters that are impossible/could take hours to kill each.




In my experience, very few monsters fall into this category. And if they do, you just park them somewhere. I think I've parked around twenty bosses in total during all the years I�ve been playing.|||Aw jiansonz! I was hoping you'd post here and have more to say about full clears!

I've always admired how you do do full clears and, although you've stated numerous times in the pass, reading the reasons behind it.

I also enjoy cave diving. Every time I pass one up I feel like I'm missing part of the game.|||I do full clears when I'm in the mood to increase a character's levels. I do lots of hanging out in act I or act II, or the huge jungle areas at the beginning of act III. I'll get my character and the mercenary up to a level or three above the area level I'm clearing, then move on to the next higher area level and keep clearing those levels until the toon and mercenary ding another level, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment