Thursday, April 12, 2012

LK Thresher Rack Question

[:1]Well, I made my first enigma today and decided to do some LK running with a 200 fcr barb. I have to admit, its really entertaining using the war cries at such a speed, too. Now, I have a map where there is unfortunately only 1 campfire, and the weapon rack is just 2 teleports to the left of the wp. It turns out to be a thresher nearly every time, unless I tele too far away from the rack, and my movement to it changes to item.

The armor rack is usually sacred feathers, which I don't care for, but 2 or 3 times it has been a monarch of the under 50 runs I've done so far.

I think I'm going to milk the thresher rack for a lot of white threshers, and any with more than 1 socket in them, as well as ethereal for making random runewords. (obedience is a fav!), as well as hope for some eth reapers...

there is also another weapon rack nearby, too.

Now to my questions: 1) Is there something easy I can do that would manipulate which items come from the armor rack? I knwo movement and popping racks can change them, but was hoping for some kind of guideline to make it more easily manipulated and produce a monarch.

2) Can these monarchs be a stormshield? I know it is a 1/1000 chance for it to be unique from a rack, and so I'm just wondering if it is a high enough level to be a storm shield.

This was bigger than I planned, so thanks in advance|||1) I'm not as sure in 1.11+ as I am in 1.07, but if you get a rack that occasionally drops something desirable generally it's pretty hard to get it to dependably drop that desired occasional item. Generally it's worth rerolling the map to get a rack that stably drops the desired item with the most direct route there. A barb doesn't have a summonable minion that can sometimes be used to cycle a rack to a different type like Valk with an amazon, and I'm not even sure if that makes any difference in 1.10+ anyway.

2) Running Meph is almost certainly a faster way of getting a Stormshield and Reaper's Toll rather than racking.|||Alrighty, thanks. I just figured that if I could get both of those, as well as many socketables for runewords, then I should stick with this map for awhile. I suppose I'll just grab a few more and then search for a better map with 2 campfires.

No comments:

Post a Comment