Thursday, April 12, 2012

OT: Trolls Beware

[:1]Worryingly, I'm not even surprised.

What a tool.|||Indeed. A tool of Scott Stapp-like proportions.|||i was going to make a joke.



but that is disgusting.|||That is disgusting...

What more can i say?

( no jig in this somber thread )|||I have to agree the guy is disgusting.

But...18 weeks in jail? A little over 4 months in jail...for making malicious and hateful remarks and videos... Followed by 5 years of probation...

I don't know; in my opinion the punishment fails to address the crime. The guy was diagnosed with Asperger's. His own lawyer, who was supposedly defending him, talked about the "horrible, despicable offenses."

I would've thought a required period of psychology/counseling would be more appropriate. Locking the guy up for a few months seems more likely to push him further over the edge. Imagine how screwed up he'll be once he's been through the prison system.

And then, cutting off all social networking for the guy... He already seems to have emotional/social problems. So his punishment means he'll be an ex-con with a record, with psychological problems and maybe some post-traumatic stress after his release, and no outlet except face-to-face interactions.

I understand punishment through retribution, but this is a sad case in my opinion. I think rehabilitation would've been far more effective in turning this guy's life around.

And yes, this should really be in the OT thread. But I couldn't resist responding. I've known people who've been through similar experiences (both sides) without criminal procedures ever leveled against anyone.|||Awful and all, but I don't think the punishment fits the crime here...|||Sadistic, but hardly criminal.|||+1 to what Mydienon posted|||They just tried to make example of this guy. "We are doing our job so trolls beware." That, or family had some good strings with police.

If everyone would be punished for what they say, I don't think there would be free people on this world..

Such thing happened before, are happening and will happen. And no one will care about it then. Internet is full of that stuff and once this case goes in shadows (about week) every troll/hater will just continue to do it. Sad but true.

Jail is outright stupid solution for this case.|||I must say that I was also surprised that he got jail, I believe rehab would have been a much better solution. It seems to me that they just wanted to make an example of him ...

No comments:

Post a Comment