Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Fahionistas Tournament!

[:1]Barbie walked up to Charsi to see her latest wares

Barbie: Hey got any of the new Gold Find gear? It’s all the rage now and my Mana gear makes me look fat

Charsi: No but we have plenty of last season’s stock, look, Belt of the Squid, Jewellers Mage plate of the Whale, and even an ocher skull cap of the jackal.

Barbie: No it just won’t do I WANT GOLD FIND!!!!!!! I bet Gheed has some gold find gear HE is fashionable.

Hey Gheed got any gold find gear!?

Gheed: Of course I do young Barbie I have truckloads of it.

Barbie: I’ll buy it all!

“Walks away with 50 unidentified pieces of junk”

Welcome all!

I saw the idea for a fashonistas tournament by handorman and I thought it was a great idea but VERY unrefined hopefully I have brought some refinement to the table

I know I’m new to the forums but I’m not new to D2 and I promise you that I will be a good host who checks this thread 3 times a day every day to answer any questions and confirm rules.

Rules

-HC or SC until first death (once a fashonistas career dies there is no coming back (except infomercials ) )

-Untwinked (no using items found by other characters) ( Fashion is about FINDING the amazing designs, not stealing them from other people)

-1.12+ only (A fashionista has to be up to date and modern)

-Respeccing is allowed (Fashionistas are wishy washy and don’t often stick the plan)

- Any build, class, and merc are allowed ( Fashion comes from all places, even a barbarian can be a fashionista)

-RWM and RRM are allowed, as is ATMA or GoMule for an extended stash ( A fashionista needs all the latest tools to get ahead)

- You may rerun areas (Good fashionistas will search high and low to get that amazing piece )

- You may NOT return to the previous act (that’s just not fashionable (except to do the cows))

- THIS is the table of fashions and how many points they are worth (e.g. 10 life = 20 points)

- Roll 10 times on this table to show what fashions are available throughout your play (if the same one gets chosen twice then it goes onto your table twice and is more likely to be picked)

- THEN choose your class based on the fashions you could roll


Code:
1. Life - 2pts
2.Mana - 2pts
3.Defence - 1pt
4.Life Leech - 15pts
5.Mana Leech – 15pts
6.Gold Find – 1pt
7.Magic Find – 2pts
8. Strength – 5pts
9. Dexterity – 5pts
10.Vitality - 5pts
11.Energy – 5pts
12.Fire Damage-1pt per average damage/Fire resist 1pt (same fashion)
13.Cold Damage- 2pts per average damage/Cold resist 1pt
14.Lightning Damage- 1pt per average damage/Lightning resist 1pt
15.Poison Damage- ).5pt per average damage/Poison resist 1pt
16.Increased Block/Faster Block/Faster Hit Recovery 2pts (same fashion)
17.Increased Attack Speed/Faster Cast Rate 3pts (same fashion)
18.Chance to cast (any spell/curse) 4pts per % chance to cast
19.Crushing Blow/ Open Wounds/ Deadly Strike 3pts per % (same fashion)
20.Attack Rating 1pt

-At the start of each act roll on your own fashion table to find out what the current fashion is.

-After killing the act boss add up how fashionable you are and add the score to your points total

-You MUST pick up and identify ALL Rares,Sets,Uniques and if they have more fashion than what you are wearing you must wear it.

-Any items you keep in your in game stash or ATMA stash that have more fashion than your current item must be worn. (check your stash when the fashion changes)

-The winner is the person with the most points at the end

-The tournament will start when sufficient interest is expressed (maybe a week or so) and will end when interest dies

May The Fashion Be With You!




Code:
 Forum Name          Name      Class/Type             Current Fashion             LVL      Highest WP
====================================================================================================
Malevolent Barbie Avenger Pally Fire Damage/Fire Resist 1 Rogue Camp

RIP

Forum Name Name Class/Type Fashion When Died LVL Place Died
===================================================================================================


Code:
 My Fashion Table
Cold Damage/Cold Resist
Gold Find
Crushing Blow/ Open Wounds/ Deadly Strike
Chance to cast
Life
Attack Rating
Fire Damage/Fire Resist
Fire Damage/Fire Resist
Defence
Dexterity

Going to go with an avenger pally I think as I have never tried one of those and the fashions can all work well for melee.

My fashion for act 1 is Fire Damage/Fire Resist. Not a bad roll to start off with.|||This sounds like a ton of fun (and frustration gear wise ). I'm also looking for a new project atm, soooo:

1. Dex

2. Life leech

3. Life

4. Strength

5. Lightning damage/resist

6. Attack rating

7. Life

8. Life

9. Attack rating

10. Gold find

That's it. Hard to imagine a better roll for a barb, eh?

Imma go for a concentrator. Never played one of those.

However, I haven't got internet in my new apartment yet, so my updates probably won't be very frequent. I will try to do my best though.


Code:
Forum Name     Name       Class/Type       Current Fashion             LVL    Highest WP       Points
========================================================================================================
Malevolent Barbie Avenger Pally Fire Damage/Fire Resist 1 Rogue Camp 0
FredOfErik Hermes Conc Barb Attack Rating 1 Rogue Camp 0

RIP

Forum Name Name Class/Type Fashion When Died LVL Place Died Points
========================================================================================================



I'm getting quite lucky today!

How is the point system concerning AR?|||WOW that roll was amazing

oops silly me 1pt per AR will modify previous post



oh and another thing. If the fashin is attack speed ect ect then an uber slow weapon with 20%IAS still trumps a fast one with 10% thats all for now|||Yeah, I am pretty excited about it

And another question: do res/life/dmg etc from charms (accesories?) count as well? And do all res count as both fire/lite/pois/cold or as none of them?

Also, I fixed your table a bit |||All charms are irrelevant

ty for fixing that table i wasnt that happy with it|||and how about all res on items?|||All res counts as as much res it is EG 16 all res counts as 16 fire res if fire is your fashion|||Hello, I am a first time poster but (semi) long time reader and I have been playing single player Diablo II for about 6 months now. I do, however, seem to make new characters far too often. Therefore, because of this I told myself the next new tournament that started on the Single Player Forum I would join.

Before I do join, though, I have a couple of questions:

At the end of each act, if we roll a different fashion, must we unequip anything that doesn't contain the new fashion?

Do we have to keep all the items with our rolled fashions on, if it is not our current fashion? Are we able to sell them, or should they be stashed?

Also, I haven't posted in any forums for 8 years or more and I am unsure how to format these posts so you may have to bear with me when I roll my fashions!|||Alright, I'll join, looks pretty fun!

First things first, you misspelled fashionistas in the thread title A pm to Thyiad could fix that if you want.

My roll:

Life

Def

Mana leech

MF

Str

Dex

Vit

Poison (x2)

CB/OW/DS

I rolled a Vit for act 1 >< This is a pretty bad one for any point in the game, since + vitality can't spawn on rare or blue items. But as I check my Gomule I only find a single item I could find in act 1 which is stoutnail. Looks like I'll be lucky to get any points in act 1 at all!

Haven't decided on my build or class yet, but I'm thinking something melee for sure. I've been itching to play melee anyways, as I haven't done so lately.

Do the bonuses from runes/jewels/gems count if they are socketed in? I don;t see why not, since you allow runewords, but just wanted to clarify.

I kinda wanted to make an avenger, as its a favorite of mine, but I guess I will have to try something new instead

edit: what about weapons, do we get any lieniancy on that slot. Like if I was a bowazon, do I have to wield this gul dagger if my fashion is MF? or can we be allowed to pick the most fashionable weapon that fits our skill set? And what about weapon switches, is it banned or can we keep prebuff gear on there for example?|||Good to see more people joining

@ Garai Roll new fashion each act. If you have nothing with that fashion on it (check stashes)

then feel free to wear your previous items

you can do whatever you like with your previous items but if you keep them you might be forced to wear them at a later date when they are mediocre items

No comments:

Post a Comment