Saturday, April 14, 2012

Need ideas on how to use runes I posess.

[:1]Currently I have the following yummies:

2xLO

BER

CHAM

So the question is - what should I do to them?

Some additionsl conditions:

- I play RWM

- I already have a Grief PB and Forti

- I'm really bad at playing WW barbarans so one more Grief is out of question.

- I already have a Beast (though it was made in a rather silly base item - War Spike - so if I don't think of any better options I'll probably make one in a War Scepter as I need it for oskills only).

Well, this is the main question, and here go those not so main ^^

I. Chains of Honor. Should I give it a chance?

Physical damage chars will (as far as I understand) go better with either Forti or Treachery, depending on build, while most magi will prefer Skin of the Vipermagi (pun unintended).

I need you rich bas... err, guys who already made this one confirm my thoughts or pour some dirt on them.

II. Doom. What is this one for anyway? Worth trying?

WIth a Cham and Lo sitting in my pocket i don't think that Ohm will take too much time.

While this runeword shines with an alloy of several very interesting mods, I'm still unsure if it's a descent choice. Again, I need oppinions from those players who had already used this one. Does it make a good merc weapon? Is it good as a character's weapon?

III. Any other ideas?|||CoH:

I used it a lot so far. Sorceress, multiple builds. It may be tricky to squeeze 105-117 somewhere else, but it's definitely doable. It's doable with 0 FCR on weapon/rings actually. At the cost of blocking, but if you have CtA it is my firm belief that you're better off with 'Spirit' than with blocking.

I also used it a lot on Amazons and Paladins. Seriously. Though, disclaimer: I like questing a lot. Not so great for running stuff, obviously.

Also really nice for an 'Infinity'/'Delirium' mercenary. Without a doubt the best mercenary armor with LL.

Doom:

Don't have it. Great for freezing stuff. Not much else, imo. And not for Paladins, they can freeze with 'Exile', much cheaper.

Personally I'd stick the Cham into some cool helm (Shako/Griffon's/rare) for CBF. But it really depends on what builds you like to play.

Lo runes are pretty much for 'Grief' and 'Fortitude', not much else. Actually one more thing, and it is exactly what I'd do with those runes, seeing as how I have all those other cool runewords and we want what we don't have... I'd make 'Pride'. (Well, you're short a Sur, but you have 2x Lo, so you can trade or something).

Anyway, that's all the musing I have.

--Greebo|||IMO: If your goal is to farm as efficiently as possible or have fun with many different chars, stay away from silly things like Doom and rather save up until you can make Enigma and Infinity.

CoH is great though. No matter what build you're looking at, if Fort or Enigma aren't of much use you can be sure CoH is probably the best choice. Its lack of FCR is a bummer but can be made up elsewhere more often than not.|||I do have Doom in 1.07 eth BA. It didn't see too much use tho. Doom is one of strongest freezing weapons in D2, and it really messes up only class that would use this - barbs cause they can't hork corpses. I tried ti do couple runs on Travincal with Doom BA offhand. Between holy freeze and hit freezes target I could be happy if I found a single corpse.

Doom isn't best option for anything. There are always better options (and cheaper). Only thing I found nice about Doom is against Minions of Destruction. Doom reduces them to pile of shame. They can't even hurt you. Yeah, fanatic cursed extra fast lister can't do much to you.

I'll say same about CoH. It's nice RW to have, it's good for many things, but it isn't best for anything. It's best merc armor for [non leech weapon] + [non leech helm]. I'd keep away from making it. You said it yourself - physical would prefer Fortitude (actually Enigma ) and casters (sorcs) would prefer Skins. All other chars would be better with Enigma as far as efficiency goes.

And this is what you should be aiming for - Enigma and Infinity are two runewords that make most impact on your characters (Enigma much more then Infinity imo). Save runes. Just cause you have them now doesn't mean you should spend them right away.

And one more mini rant - if people don't know what runeword to make out of bunch of runes, that means they don't need that runeword. When I want to make runeword I don't go from "I have runes, so what should I spend them on" but rather, "I need xyz so I should spend runes on that" (or get those runes to create specific in-mind runeword).|||Chains of Honor - I have 2 of those - it has it all - the MF is just gravy. It's simply the best all-around armor there is. Very much worth making, IMHO.

Another option - trade that Cham for another Ber and make Infinity. THAT makes a lot of builds hum.

One other thing - it's not just WW Barbs that could put 2 Grief PBs to use - ever play a Frenzy Barb?

Those 2 Lo runes could be put to a Sur and make Bramble for a Poison Necro, Venom Sin, Poison Jav Zon or something.|||Quote:








Chains of Honor - I have 2 of those - it has it all - the MF is just gravy. It's simply the best all-around armor there is.




This. Thing is, I still don't use it very often.

I think my problem with CoH is that it's the best all-around armor in the game but I don't usually make all-around toons. At least not to play them for long. And as soon as I develop them to run something very specific, all-around great isn't what I need anymore. Then it's rather Vipermagi for fcr, Ormus for damage or Enigma, Tal's or even Skulder's for MF and so on.

If you prefer do run many targets with one toon and without re-equipping on the other hand, CoH are hands down one of the best armors in the game.|||while I am by no measure 'rich', I would like to run with a point Greebo made... runes have their own intrinsic boni (bonuses? ), which in some cases are just as useful in a nice S/U as in a runeword.

I know, I know... runewords are awesome, etc. But what isn't cool about an extra 20% chance for your weapon to do double damage? Or 8% DR from Skins? CBF from your 1.07 Harly? Not to mention the style-points for socketing a HR, for what its worth (alot to me... you may feel differently though).|||Quote:








casters (sorcs) would prefer Skins.




I agree with everything else you've said, besides this. The only sorc that wants Vipermagi over CoH is the 200 FCR Sorc, or a blocking Sorc, in my opinion.

As far as I know, for every other build (and some blocking builds too), you can come up with a setup based on CoH which gets you 105 and has no worse MF, resistances and +skills than the setup involving Vipermagi, with some of the mentioned stats being better.

Of course I know you really like 200 FCR Sorcs, so that's probably where you're coming from. The only time I've used Vipermagi in the last 12 months on a sorc was a PvP Stormshield sorceress.


Quote:








And one more mini rant - if people don't know what runeword to make out of bunch of runes, that means they don't need that runeword. When I want to make runeword I don't go from "I have runes, so what should I spend them on" but rather, "I need xyz so I should spend runes on that" (or get those runes to create specific in-mind runeword).




QFT.

What do you want to do? That's the runewords you should make, the ones which will be good for the stuff you want to do.|||Quote:








Chains of Honor - I have 2 of those - it has it all - the MF is just gravy. It's simply the best all-around armor there is. Very much worth making, IMHO.




You WILL have to argument that. I don't like people spreading bad rumors like "CoH is great" and making people make mistakes

It's not best for anything. I'm pretty confused why you made two of them, and granted CoH isn't best RW for either your zon or paladin?

That RW doesn't justify spending Ber on it.

@ Greebo: Last time I used CoH on sorc is... ... never? It seems so. While I prefer 200fcr by big amount, that doesn't mean I don't use 63fcr or 105. Yes I do use both of them. I see where your point in CoH > Viper comes from, but if you so badly want that one skill more then Viper, then you have very cheap alternative in Arkaine's Valor (1.07 being pretty strong contestant actually) or you can get even more by using Ormus for specific build.

I just think CoH should be one of very late runewords to make. When you actually start optimizing specific characters. It's not something people should spend their first Ber on.|||I've made 'Chains of Honor' first, before anything.

If I were to restart, I'd certainly make either 'Enigma' or 'Infinity' first. Honestly don't know which.

@frozzzen:

The problem with AV is level requirements. The problem with Ormus is that you can easily end up with negative resistances, which is not something I like to do. But I know that's something some people like

No comments:

Post a Comment